Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hello

I've been talking about making a site like this for a looooong time, but I finally got off my butt and decided to do something about the horrible casting Hollywood does in movies. What really set me over the edge was Twilight. I don't even like those books and the casting for the alleged "movie" (if you want to call it that) was probably one of the worst I've ever seen. I liked who they casted for Alice, Rosalie, Charlie, Jacob, Emmett (though he was supposed to have curly hair, I won't get too particular since Kellan Lutz is a babe) and Esme. Edward was probably their biggest mistake. Instead of getting a Greek Statue of a guy, they got a hairy ape. I'm sorry - some people think he's attractive. Personally, I can't see it, but I just don't get an Edward feel off of the guy. The casting directors had the right idea going at the beginning when Ben Barnes was being considered for the part. I think he would have been perfect. Then you have the abismal mess of Bella, probably one of the most self-centered main characters ever. I usually don't mind those (think Jace from the Mortal Insturments, I loved him) but I'll tell you what I do mind - a weedy looking girl who sounds like a man playing the most ridiculous character in the most sadistic love story of all time. It's enough to make me give up all hope on Hollywood.
But just because they screwed up a few things doesn't mean they ruined everything. I mean, look at, say, Spider-Man. Outside Tobey Maguire (who is a sniveling little cheeseface and, though he looked the part of Peter, needed to man up for th part of Spider-Man) and Kirsten Dunst (who just annoys me for some reason), I found the casting to be spot on. James Franco and Willem Dafoe were the amazing Osborns, and J.K. Simmons was born to be J. Jonah Jameson. I did wish they stuck more to the real story lines and instead of making Mary Jane Watson be Peter's love interest, making Gwen Stacy his love interest. I have high hopes for the Spider-Man Reboot, which will star Andrew Garfield (a perfect Peter Parker, if you ask me) and, rumor has it, Dominique McElligott as Gwen Stacy, though many people have speculated about Lily Collins, Emma Roberts and Mary Elizabeth Winstead. Personally, I like this Dominique lady. She looks the part, though Gwen was always kind of a brainy nerd, like Peter, but a beautiful one. I'm glad their sticking more to the real Spider-Man story... sort of. Peter was bitten at fifteen, not eighteen, but hey, I don't mind. Andrew Garfield was exactly how I pictured Spider-Man to be.
In any case, that is why I am here. To save the movie industry one cast list at a time. If there are any suggestions to movies or books I should cast/re-cast, feel free to make suggestions.
Bon voyage,
Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment